The aim of the project is to apply e-governance initiatives to assist USAID’s Good Governance Initiative (GGI) partner agencies at the local and central government levels to achieve their OGP commitments under the 2016-2017 Action Plan. The project will provide practical assistance on improving existing governance processes and solutions and design and implement the new methods/ and tools for involvement of citizens in local decision-making processes in three pilot cities (Kutaisi, Batumi, Akhaltsikhe). Moreover, the project includes assisting two central level agencies (Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Health) to use e-governance techniques to increase transparency and citizen engagement in conducting their activities.
The project includes following activities:
1. Setting up a new electronic system for facilitating involvement of citizens in local decision-making processes in each of the three pilot cities. The main aim of the system is to speed up communications with citizens, promote transparency, and allow for improved decision-making and service-delivery.
2. Improve e-transparency and electronic participation in three pilot cities by creating new websites for the Kutaisi, Batumi and Akhaltsikhe municipalities.
3. Development of Participatory Budgeting Mechanisms (procedures, tools) of the Local Budget for Kutaisi, Batumi and Akhaltsikhe. The main objectives of this activity are effective elaboration of the local budget, increased public awareness and understanding of Budgetary processes and improved mechanisms for public engagement in discussions on draft budget. As a part of the process, the experiment of Participatory Budgeting using new approaches and technical tools will be carried out.
4. Assess the current Patients´ Portal launched by Ministry of Health Ministry of Labour Health and Social Affairs (MoLSHA) and develop a concept note (including an international best practice analysis) and terms of reference for a renewed version of the portal.
5. Assess the current participatory budgeting tool of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia and create a Concept note and ToR for a new online tool.