We help to increase government leaders’ awareness and skills in all aspects of e-government, by focusing on e-government policy and planning issues, organisational and management frameworks, legal regulations, budgeting of ICT implementation, and basic concepts of e-government interoperability and architecture.
Topics included in central e-governance:
Focus areas of training and consultancy
- Formation of ICT policy: best practice in IT policy and legal framework. Estonia’s lessons learned, comparison of policies with other countries
- ICT coordination in the public sector: methods and organisation, international cooperation
- Estonia’s electronic ID card and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Estonia’s digital signature – concept and solutions
- Principles of data services and state registers in Estonia
- Governmental interoperability solution X-Road: modernisation of state databases
- Citizens’ and entrepreneurs’ portal eesti.ee
- Forming the state’s ICT budget
- Main ICT development projects in the public sector, e-service technologies for the public sector
- Principles of launching, managing and auditing public-sector ICT projects
- Overview of the Estonian tax system and online services offered by the Estonian Tax and Customs Administration
- Strategic planning and management of ICT: theory and practice
- The role of ICT in the public sector
- ICT in education (educational strategies, e-school etc.)
- Look@World Project – a private initiative to boost Internet penetration in Estonia
Further topics are possible based on the needs of the target group.
Proven practice: Estonian e-Cabinet
Main components of e-Estonia
How to run a modern state?
eCabinet – a powerful tool used by the Estonian government to streamline its decision-making process.
State e-Service Portal – a one-stop-shop for the e-services offered by government institutions.
ePolice – revolutionises police communication and coordination, maximising effective policing.
eTax – it has drastically reduces the time spent by individuals and entrepreneurs on filling taxes.
Electronic Health Record – a nationwide system that integrates data from Estonia’s different healthcare providers to a create a common record for each patient.
ArmeniaSmart Governance, Smart governance
KyrgyzstanSmart Governance, Smart governance
Faroe IslandsSmart Governance
Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey,Smart Governance
Estonia, Latvia, Sweden,Smart Governance
MoldovaSmart Governance, Local e-Government
Cayman IslandsSmart Governance