The Information System for Cabinet Sessions, better known as e-Cabinet, is a powerful tool to streamline the government’s decision-making process and conduct government meetings in an electronic form – entirely without paper.
The eGA e-Cabinet platform is developed as an independent universal solution using the experience from this Estonian tailor-made solution. The platform is suitable for any government and is language independent.
At its core, the system is a multi-user database and scheduler that keeps relevant information organised and updated in real time, giving ministers a clear overview of each item under discussion. For the implementation of such systems, organisational changes, adjustment of legislation and coordination processes between information systems are needed.
Based on the Estonian experience, the main value of the implementation of the e-Cabinet solution is saving time on the Cabinet sessions. Prior to implementing the system, Estonian government sessions took 4-5 hours. Thanks to e-Cabinet, sessions last 30 minutes on average.
Also, with going paperless the implementation of e-Cabinet solution resulted in:
- A faster decision-making process,
- Acceleration of the pre-approval process,
- Simpler scheduling of Cabinet sessions,
- Better and faster information sharing before the Cabinet session,
- Remote access to the information (for traveling Cabinet members),
- Less errors and mistakes during the process (no re-typing or data insertion),
- More transparency of the governance,
- A better positive public image of the government, etc.