The e-Governance Academy (eGA) is a think tank and consultancy organisation founded for the creation and transfer of knowledge and best practice concerning e-governance, e-democracy, national cybersecurity and the development of open information societies.
eGA empowers central and local government decision-makers to lead digital transformation programs to create smart, sustainable and effective e-government, e-democracy and cyber security solutions. eGA actualises its mission through consultancy, training, networking, research and assisting in the implementation of e-government technical solutions.
e-Governance Academy’s project management, study training and consulting services are in compliance with the requirements of Quality Management Standard ISO 9001:2015.
Since starting its activities in 2002, eGA has worked with more than 130 organisations, trained more than 4,000 officials and has been involved in e-government policy planning and implementation, organisational setup, legal and technical frameworks and management in over 90 countries.
eGA has mainly worked in transitional societies, especially in Eastern and Central Europe, Asia and Africa. Additional cooperation projects have taken place with EU countries such as Finland, Netherlands, etc.
eGA is an Advisory Observer of the Secure Identity Alliance (SIA), the global identity and secure e-Services advisory body, a member of Estonian Roundtable for Development Cooperation and a member of the Estonian Network of Estonian Nonprofit Organizations. In carrying out its activities, eGA follows the Code of ethics of Estonian non-profit organizations.
eGA is audited annually by an internationally accepted audit company, currently KPMG Baltics.
Overview of e-Governance Academy’s activities in 2017
We build and develop open digital societies.
The e-Governance Academy helps governments increase the efficiency of governance and improve democratic processes. For this purpose, we analyse and create information about e-governance and transfer Estonian and international best practices around the world.
The e-Governance Academy is a leading e-governance think tank and consultancy organisation.
- Independence. We do not depend on any political or economic stakeholders.
- Personal experience. Our experts and partners have long-term experience in the implementation of e-governance in Estonia and elsewhere in the world, and they share their stories.
- We’re open-minded and able to learn. We share our best experiences and lessons.
- Flexibility and practicality. We take the specific features of target countries into account and offer solutions that can be implemented.
- Customer-orientation. We cooperate with companies, but don’t promote any specific technical platforms or providers. We recommend the solutions that comply best with the needs and possibilities of each customer.
- We carry out our projects extremely well. We all make an effort to ensure that all work is done on time and with success.
- We treat everyone with respect, we value our employees, and promote a positive working environment.