The goal of the mission was to get an overview of the e-government situation in Benin, to share Estonian practical experience in the e-governance field, to assess the current situation and to bring out the general findings and suggestions for further activities.
The aims were the followings:
- Reviewing and advising on the current state of the e-government situation in Benin with recommendations on how to further develop their e-government activities.
- Identifying different opportunities in e-government, specially focusing on:
- E-Identity strategies, technologies and operations;
- e-Government interoperability framework and technology architecture (X-road and the next steps to implement it);
- Security incident handling & monitoring;
- Legal situation for e-government;
- Cyber security strategy and methods.
- Sharing Estonian e-government best practises and discussing the opportunities for further cooperation.