eGA experts provide consultancy and expert guidance to IDB, NIDS Project Team and critical stakeholders for developing the National Identification System for Jamaica. The secure system for issuing ID cards is the main precondition of the development of strong identity, incl. digital identity that enables secure access to the public services.
The consultancy concerns policies, standards and processes by reviewing NIDS (National Identification System) Security Framework, identifying gaps and developing eight information security policies.
The work includes the following tasks:
1. A general overview of the NIDS Framework policies and legal analysis of existing policies and best practices to identify gaps and make high-level recommendations,
2. A review of enrolment and renewal, vetting and identity verification services as the key processes in the identity card lifecycle to identify possible risks and gaps and to make high-level recommendations.
3. A general review of the NIDS Solution architecture and design to identify gaps and to give high-level recommendations.
4. State of Affairs Report drafting.
5. A review or drafting of the most critical policies related to information security management in compliance with ISO/IEC 27001, and a review of Incident Response Strategy.