The aim of the project is to make the society of Moldova more aware of corruption at all levels and more active in confronting it by educating, engaging and empowering the population to act against corruption through the use of ICT tools.
To that end, the anti-corruption web platform with two functionalities will be developed: the first one will enable the users to advance their knowledge on corruption from different perspectives, while the second will provide the users with the opportunity to report corruption-prone procedures and everyday life situations. While the first functionality of the platform pursues the goal of educating the public on topic of corruption from different angles, and the second encourages them to get engaged into active reporting on issues that might increase the risk of corruption.
The crowdsourcing of problematic issues is followed by the regular analysis of the reported issues by the experts that propose concrete solutions to the problems identified by the community. This, in turn, demonstrates the contribution of the community and empowers them to have a louder voice.
The project is financed by Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the funds of development cooperation and humanitarian aid and Open Society Institute.
The objectives of the project are the following:
- Improved awareness and understanding of the implications of corruption and the risks it poses for the society as a whole;
- Enhanced engagement of population in active reporting on problematic issues potentially leading to corruption;
- strengthened advocacy campaigns to solve issues reported and recognized as a problem to many;
- A community of active people built around the initiative and motivated to further develop action against corruption;
- Increased civic activism in online and offline channels.