The project “TA for Achieving the Harmony with EU regarding the Implementation of the NIS Directive” contributes to alignment of Turkey’s regulatory framework and institutional capacity regarding network and information security with the NIS Directive 2016/1148. The Directive prescribes measures for a high common level of security of network and information systems across the EU.
Technical assistance project includes organisation of workshops, study visits, and preparation of the gap analysis report & legislative proposals.
The project has three main results:
- Preparation of gap analysis report and legislative proposals;
- Improvement of ICTA’s relevant staff capacity concerning implementation of NIS Directive and member state practices;
- Improvement of the capacity of major stakeholders regarding implementation of NIS Directive.
The project activities are the followings:
1)In the scope of preparation of gap analysis report and legislative proposals:
- Analysis of Turkish national policy papers, regulations and practices on network and information security
- Overview of practices towards national strategies related NIS Directive and country benchmarks for determining OESs of 10 EU member states
- Gap analysis between Turkish national legislation vs. NIS Directive requirements
- Detailed analysis of best practices on NIS requirements and OES identification approaches and country benchmarks of the most relevant EU states
- Consolidation of findings and results and defining overall framework for legislative proposals
2) In the scope of improvement of ICTA’s relevant staff capacity concerning implementation of NIS Directive and member state practices:
- Workshop on cybersecurity, NIS Directive & other topics
- Workshop on methodological approaches & country benchmarks
- Study visits
3) In the scope of improvement of the capacity of major stakeholders regarding implementation of NIS Directive:
- Two workshops on cybersecurity, NIS Directive & other topics.