The objective of the work is to create preconditions for secure digital data exchange between government institutions in Uganda. The precondition include development of a government enterprise architecture, an e-government interoperability framework as well as provide the necessary policy and technical recommendations for its systematic and sustainable implementation.
eGA’s tasks within the project are the followings:
- Review of existing national e-government standards and recommend improvements;
- Propose the legal and regulatory basis for the Government Enterprise Architecture and the E-Government Interoperability Framework;
- Develop the systems integration security strategy;
- Propose supporting standards for the interoperability framework;
- Adopt and implement a government enterprise architecture;
- Carry out change management and raise awareness of government officials;
- Prepare the transition.