The result of that project is a searchable online-archive of judicial decisions, sourced from the Supreme Court of Justice and the Nisporeni District Court of Moldova. The online-archive enable:
- Fast and easy online access to court information;
- Searches of court case information based on multiple additional criteria that can be subsequently selected and identified;
The project supports one of the strategic objectives of the Government of the Republic of Moldova — to improve the Government-to-Citizen interaction (G2C) by providing more convenient, customer-oriented and cost-effective public services.
The project was implemented by Estonian e-Governance Academy in cooperation with Estonian IT service company Andmevara Ltd, Ratus Ltd and Estonian Business Archive Ltd.
213 350+ court decisions from 1976 – 2013 on approximately 650 000 pages
- Development of an assessment of the necessary work
- Development of the Terms of Reference for the anticipated work to be accomplished.
- Tendering and contracting an IT company to digitize court case files and publish them online.
- Monitoring and quality assurance of the results of the digitization of the court case files.
- Publication of the digitized court case files.
- Training of Moldovan court officials and other staff on the handling of digitized court case files.
- Supported development of sustainable organization to support later digitization activities in the Moldovan court system.
- Awareness raising with the general public and main stakeholders groups about planned developments.