The ICT has great potential to amplify and support democratic processes in the society. For instance, it can create new innovative opportunities to face and fight corruption or to help voters to make better-informed decisions during elections.
Therefore, eGA can advise on how to develop an anti-corruption web platform or assist in setting up voting advice tools (Elector´s Compass).
Anti-corruption web platform enables the users to advance their knowledge on corruption from different perspectives, to report corruption-prone procedures and everyday life situations, and be engaged in anti-corruption activities.
Description of anti-corruption platform activities:
- Mapping the situation of corruption in the country and current anti-corruption activities
- Elaborating the concept for the platform and its content
- Elaborating ToR for developing the platform
- Technical development of the platform
- Piloting and adjusting
- Launching and running the platform
- Anti-corruption advocacy activities
Voting advice tools (Elector´s Compass) enables citizens to compare their standpoints on political and societal key issues with the standpoint of candidates and parties before the elections. This guarantees that the voters are more informed and selective towards election propaganda.
Activities for setting up the Elector´s Compass:
– Creating a software solution – Drawing the questionnaire – basic choices of different fields of social life worded politically neutrally and in a manner that is easily understandable by people)- Defining the position of political parties regarding the basic choices